Disney announced on Monday that Avatar: The Way of Water returned home, set the officer 4K and Blu-ray release date for the next month.
When is Avatar: The Way of Water released in 4K and Blu-ray?
Avatar 2 4K and Blu-ray release date is set for June 20, 2023, when the film will arrive in 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, DVD, and digital for those looking to own the hit movie. . Prices for the various physical releases are unknown but will likely follow the standard price for 4K and Blu-ray films released today.
Along with the different versions of the film, the Avatar: The Way of Water home release comes loaded with bonus features. More than three hours of bonus content will be included, Disney said, and will include a variety of items such as cast and crew interviews, deep dives into the lore of Pandora and Avatar, and other behind-the-scenes footage. -the-scenes watching the film.
The full list of bonus features for Avatar: The Path of Water is as follows:
- Inside Pandora’s Box – A series of featurettes on the challenges faced by the cast and crew as the filmmakers create new technologies to push the limits of cinema.
- Building the World of Pandora – James Cameron and a team of talented artists combined years of research with their design skills to build the world of Pandora with new characters, creatures, native families, environments of under the sea and the imprisonable hard-tech world of RDA.
- Getting Pandora – James Cameron’s method of capturing the show has the cast performing in a volume produced by infrared cameras to capture their movement, and head rig cameras to capture the emotion on their faces with only the boundaries of imagination to limit them.
- Pandora’s Undersea World – Co-production designer Dylan Cole and his team came up with the marine creatures needed for Avatar: The Way of Water while James Cameron and his stunt team came up with unique ways to bring the creatures to life. in a performance capture tank.
- Pandora’s Water Challenges – James Cameron faced “no small challenge” to capture the show above and below the surface of the water, using a wave machine and current generator to change sea conditions, and vehicles in underwater to simulate the movement of creatures.
- Pandora’s Returning Characters – James Cameron reunites with his returning cast – Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldaña, Sigourney Weaver and Stephen Lang. Together they discussed the remarkable evolution of their characters in Avatar: The Way of Water.
- Pandora’s Next Generation – Meet the talented young newcomers chosen as the next generation of Na’vi and follow them on the adventure of creating Avatar: The Way of Water.
- Spider’s Web – James Cameron introduced the character of Spider-Man to the fabric of Pandora – thus creating many technological challenges on the set…and an extraordinary journey for the young actor, Jack Champion.
- Becoming a Na’vi – The Avatar cast is immersed in the culture of the native Na’vi, living in the rainforest land of Hawaii and training in many disciplines in preparation for their roles.
- The Reef People of Pandora – In true James Cameron-style, the Metkayina reef clan has been developed with great attention to detail, bringing unique evolutionary traits and a culture – with new habitats, new clothes and more -different ways of life – all the result of living in the ocean.
- Bringing Pandora to Life – Once James Cameron completes his virtual production process, each sequence will be transferred to Wētā FX to bring Pandora to life – with unprecedented improvements in facial expression, environment and CG rendering. real water.
- RDA Returns to Pandora – Co-production designer Ben Procter and his team showcased a fleet of new vehicles and human technologies that RDA brought to Pandora – in concept design and with practical builds.
- Pandora’s New Characters – Meet important new characters in Avatar saga starring Kate Winslet, Cliff Curtis, Edie Falco, Brendan Cowell and Jemaine Clement.
- Pandora’s Voice – Hear how James Cameron worked with composer Simon Franglen to create the distinctive music of The Way of Water while building on James Horner’s brilliant score for Avatar, and find out how Chris Boyes created the Pandora’s immersive sounds.
- New Zealand – Home of Pandora – The production of the Avatar sequels was so completely incorporated in New Zealand that James Cameron considered The Way of Water a “New Zealand film.” Hear reflections from the cast and crew, including the incredible New Zealand crew, on the making of the film.
More from Pandora’s Box (Additional featurettes highlighting special teams within the production)
- casting – Discover the screen tests that won the talented young people who performed their roles in Avatar: The Way of Water.
- Stunts – the Avatar The stunt team not only creates breathtaking action, they drive the story. From underwater racing in the ilus, flying through the sky on screens, to maneuvering RDA speed boats, the stunt team leaves you breathless and wanting more.
- The Lab- Explore Lightstorm Lab, the virtual production backbone for Avatar Comprised of specialist teams, the Lab builds and supports every aspect of production – environments, motion editing, Kabuki, sequencing, post-viz and software development.
- The troop – AvatarThe Troupe is the Swiss Army Knife of acting, while playing multiple roles on set, in performance capture volumes and in live-action sets, they bring life to the Na’vi clans and RDA Recoms. They also play Na’vi-scale puppets in live-action sets.
Marketing Materials and Music Videos (Marketing materials used to increase audience awareness of the film)
- Walay Nagala (You Give Me Strength) Music Video – Multi-Grammy-winning, music superstar, The Weeknd, performs his emotionally charged final title song in the official music video for the smash hit “Nothing Is Lost (You Give Me Strength).”
- Theatrical Trailers 1 and 2 – Avatar: The Last Airbender used two theatrical trailers to entice audiences. The first is a teaser trailer released 7 months before the film. The second is a standard trailer that airs 5 weeks before the film’s release.
Sign up for Disney+