A good entry or mudroom system is essential for an organized home. You need to know where things are, where they belong, so you can go and go without looking for untouched things, or wondering where to put things.
Why This Set Is Important
There are many ways to organize an entryway – everything from built in cabinetry to eclectic solutions. But this system – what I call our “Essential Entryway System” is what I always come back to.
- Because it works in small spaces, and in large spaces.
- Because it operates in modern spaces, and field spaces.
- Because it works whether renting or a homeowner-it’s not a permanent piece of furniture.
- Because it works on front entrances and separate muds.
- Because the size changes quickly.
- Because there is proper storage for any climate and family situation. I use it and I live in Alaska with three kids.
- This system – the wall organizer and corresponding bank – can work for almost everyone in almost any home.
Why not a Built-In Mudroom?
For this space, I’ve been thinking for a long time about adding a perfect mud interior. You know I love a built-in mudroom cabinetry.
Although later decided to oppose that, because a built-in system would close and create little space. And since it’s the main entrance (not a separate mudroom) I don’t want it to look like a rear entrance to the mudroom.
Entryway Shelf with Video Fix Hooks
We took the time to make a video showing how it was built. But in the video, I didn’t like how the content was added, so I updated this plan in a much better way.
This plan is only for the wall shelf with hooks. You can see the matching bank plans here.