It’s hard to find an affordable, durable, good-looking children’s bed. If you can afford it, it can’t be done in childhood. But it is difficult to spend money for a quality bed, when you know that it will grow quickly.
Have you thought about making your own twin bed frame?
For the cost of a boxspring, you can!
Features of DIY Twin Bed Frame
- Very easy to build with basic tools (no pocket holes, simple cutting)
- No box spring or bed skirt required
- Paint or stain any color – it’s solid wood, so it takes stains well
- Strong, durable construction is also repairable and refinishable
- The design of the headboard keeps the pillows on the bed
- The footboard design prevents blankets from falling off the bed
- Easy to change sheets
- Light and easy to operate
Twin XL Bed Frame Option
The twin XL bed frame is only 5″. This plan is easy to convert to a twin xl and directions are provided on the plan.
Here is a quick diagram for building a daybed.
Full Size Options
For the full size option, I recommend the feet in the middle. The easiest way is to add a central cleat and then legs from it. You’re looking to get some weight off the center, so nothing fancy.