All right, all of you. This is the last master bathroom update I wrote. After this, the next post I write about this bathroom will be the final, finished bathroom with a full before and after tour.
I’m not promising when that will happen, but I hope it will be before Thanksgiving, which is next Thursday. I like to come back after Thanksgiving and hit the home gym right away and see if I can get that done before the end of the year. That’s the goal, but I’m not going to be too hard on myself if I have some small unfinished things in that room that need to be continued next year.
But for now, here is the ultimate punch list for the bathroom. I still need:
- Clean the water closet. (It’s done, but everything is covered in dust now.)
- Go ahead and paint that one piece of trim I keep eyeing.
- Do some paint touchups on the remaining trim and wainscoting on this side of the room.
- Remove the plastic from the door panes and add the privacy film.
- Add a door pull on the edge of the door.
- Cover the light and switch cover and have it installed.
- Caulk and paint the unfinished wainscoting panel under the vanity.
- Finish painting the pipe under the vanity.
- Finish installing the storage cabinet pulls.
- Paint the mirror frame and hang the mirror.
- Wash and paint the trim/backsplash.
- Install and grout tile backsplash/accent.
- Install the missing wainscoting panel under the vanity.
- Install the faucet and pipe.
- Paint the pipe parts under the vanity.
- Sand, caulk, prime, and paint the final section of wainscoting.
- Cover the shower curtain.
- Break out in an area in the shower that I overlooked.
That’s the final, complete list. If I counted correctly, that’s 18 items left on the list. Fortunately, some of them are quick and easy, and I can cross them off the list now. Some are not so quick and easy, so let’s see if I can get them all done before Thanksgiving!
Addicted 2 Decorating is where I share my DIY and decorating journey as I remodel and decorate the 1948 fixer upper that my husband, Matt, and I bought in 2013. Matt has MS and is physically disabled. , so I do most of the work at home by myself. You can learn more about me here.
I hope you’ll join me on my DIY and decorating journey! If you want to follow my projects and progress, you can subscribe below and get every new post sent to your email inbox. That way you won’t miss a thing!